View Single Post
Old
05-08-2011, 12:31 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
I think Laviolette is fine and that he did everything he could to try to motivate the troops. Yes, certain guys he rode hard because he expected a lot from them. The fact they faltered and Laviolette continued to ride them is definitely Laviolette's fault, but I think two young guys really stepped forward and showed that they could step up when called upon - Giroux and JVR.

I think what this team needs is for the captain to call a team only meeting and get to the bottom of everyone's common goals and what roles certain guys are going to play. Once that gets established, then it becomes easier for Laviolette to assign roles to guys. I really think that's the biggest problem in Philadelphia - certain players really don't know what their roles and they need clear definition of what their roles should be.

I also think there might be some issues with Richards and Laviolette. That's something that can be easily worked out, but they need to talk things out. I think once there's a better understanding there of what the coach wants and what the players expect from the coach, then it's easier to move forward.

As it stands, Laviolette is the best coach this franchise has had since Hitchcock. This is a guy who's real good with young players, he's also good at letting them play offense and he's also someone who demands accountability from everyone. The Flyers would be fools to can him.