Thread: OT: MSG HD on FiOS?
View Single Post
Old
05-08-2011, 01:49 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
i have fios and the only complaint i only have with them is. no rangers hd. we all have to either wait for a game on versus or end of the year nbc games. so stupid this whole thing. only thing time warner has on fios is rangers hd and they wont charge you a 100 dollars for a new remote if your old 1 is broken or lost. as rothman said you can press the aspect button and that can widen the view and it rele does help. if your watching the games on a 30 plus inch tv then you can get by without the hd. i remember reading somewhere online about the actual real reason fios doesn't get msg hd i will try to find it (might have been msg.com). we as fios users can only wait and pray we get msg hd sooner then later.
I hate TWC as much as the next guy...but they don't charge you a penny to swap out a broken remote. I've done it several times...they actually keep them right at the front door so you don't even need to take a number and wait.

As far as the reason, it had to do with the "terrestrial loophole." It was basically a screw up in the writing of the law requiring local channels to be shared with other service providers. So because of sloppy wording Verizon got screwed.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/F...oophole-106512