View Single Post
Old
05-08-2011, 04:55 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Im just curious, but are you a fan of this team? Carcillo and Hartnell don't hit, and aren't tough? But wait, Powe is tough and a good hitter (even though he falls on his ass 24/7 ?...don't get me wrong, i like Powe, but you are underrating other players). I like how some players like Meszaros do hit, and players like Coburn/Hartnell with SLIGHTLY less hits only sometimes.

Also I edited a few for you to help you out. The posts around here are getting ridiculous.
I dont think he EXPECTS carle/Leino to hit, but was rather pointing out most of our players are not the physical type...

I actually agree (to a degree)

we have guys with a lot of heart, but not the body to hit (which im fine with...even love at times)
richards
giroux
carcillo
powe

and then we have a few guys who can play physical b/c they are big:
JvR
Meszaros
Coburn (has ABSOLUTELY made physicality a part of his game)
Pronger (when he gets you on the boards/in the slot)

IMO the guys who can carry their weight more would be
versteeg
hartnell
Carter
(carle MAYBE)

what i definitely agree with is maybe we should rethink the TYPES of players we have/WANT to have.

We havent been looking for another JvR, or Carter-sized player who plays less finesse and more physical.

Im all about us getting a Tangradi or big Staal sized guy (any of them).

where are the 6'3" + guys who play like it?
I would not be opposed to us adding some size and physicality to our roster...we look like MTL at times with briere/versteeg/roo (not that roo/versteeg cant be physical, but they wont ever make as big a dent as a JvR would)

and for the record hartnell has not been delivering big hits, he has trouble skating and standing up, let alone knocking the OTHER guy down at times haha

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote