Old
05-08-2011, 04:56 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Vapors are a pretty narrow fit (in the mid/fore foot), while Reeboks are fairly wide, you won't fit both properly. X60s are great skates IF THEY FIT YOU PROPERLY, but if they don't they'll be a terrible purchase. A proper fitting skate should feel snug but not overly tight around your entire foot, with no pain, with your feet not bulging out of the skate, and with your toes just barely feathering the end of the toe cap length-wise, if the X60s you're trying on violate any of these guidlines then they're not right for your feet. If they actually are a great fit (and not you just telling yourself "they'll be fine" because they're on sale) then go for them.
Agreed. When I try on skates and feel any kind of pain they go back to the display rack. There really is nothing worse than playing a game we all love with pain in your feet each stride you take. I tried on the One90's cause "I wanted them" and there was instant pain. With the X60's got no pain at all, haven't had a problem. I've asked this question before from some of the equipment guru's-what do you think the percentage is of rec leaguers wearing skates that really aren't made for their specific foot type?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote