View Single Post
Old
10-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Unless plans change, i'm going to the game on saturday night. I'll try to find what number jerseys they were and keep an eye on em for you.

* - I just looked at their information on the steelheads site and wow, "Gobert was awarded Most Valuable Player, 2002-03, and was the teamís alternate captain. He was also named to the Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA) All-Academic Team"

You have to realize here in Idaho last few years in the WCHL was nice but not very exciting hockey, especially since most the players really had no shot at the NHL... now though, this is going to be so exciting to have younger players who work hard and have more skill

Hobert is a terrific offensive talent, who possesses some soft hands and is an excellent skater. I wouldn't necessarily call him a "finesse" player though because he's not afraid of the physical play and doesn't seem to mind getting into it either.

Peter Runkel is a Dman who played at Mankato State last season. An excellent stay-at-home defenceman who's quite good one-on-one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan mao rong
B.J.Abel is a member of the Philadelphia Phantoms (AHL). He was signed to a Phantoms contract after their training camp. So far it looks like he will play as a Phantom for the season. Keeping Abel necessitated the Flyers assigning draft choice Matthew Brunelle to the Trenton Titans so it may have surprised some. Abel scored well in the preseason and has played well in the 3 games the Phantoms have played with I believe a goal and some assists.
Thanks for the update on Abel. I'd really appreciate it if you could give me periodic progress reports on him. He was very good at Mankato State and IMHO one of the most underrated players in the WCHA last season.