View Single Post
Old
05-08-2011, 07:14 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
There was disagreement among the Rangers staff as to whether to sign Werek or not. He had injury problems, suffered through some tough management issues in Kingston, and had discipline problems. If the decision was not to sign him, Werek would have gone back into the draft and the Rangers would have gotten nothing for him. The trade was a good one considering the possible options.

As for Horak, the Rangers had to wait to sign him because otherwise they would have had to pay the Czech federation for him. By waiting, they avoided this payment.
Thank Leslie!

I haven't watched Werek much, but I remember watching all the youtube highlights from the Oshawa- Kingston series (mainly to see Thomas' goals), and every game Werek played in (suspended the first 3 games for a dirty hit) he displayed some serious discipline/anger issues. One game he was responsible for taking 4 lazy minor penalties, and after every call he did the typical "what the **** did I do?" motion with his arms and head. Then he would chirp at the officials.

In another game he was absolutely destroyed behind the Oshawa net with a clean hit. He skates immediately to the bench, slams his stick and knocks down an entire rack of sticks.

Was it last year a poster on here had a friend who participated in the Rangers prospect camp? The player said one guy was a complete ******* in the locker room, and some speculated it could be Werek. Maybe we have our answer?