View Single Post
Old
05-08-2011, 08:28 PM
JacklegJack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
IMO, nothing. I think we should wait until next offseason to do anything bold. We are looking at having to re-sgin Rinne, Suter, and Wilson (who may need a raise, we'll see after Weber and Kostitsyn this year. I think we should either sign all of the big 3 this summer and get it over with or wait. I don't want to sign someone that puts us in a position where we have to choose between Suter and Rinne. Stockpile the money, go crazy next offseason.
I hope that management takes this approach. While it's always tempting to try to go out and bring in a new big name, we have a great thing going right now. All four lines of our roster roll pretty well, not perfect, but definitely no dire need to pay the big bucks to bring in a Hemsky or a Richards. If anything, I'd rather save any leftover cash we may have after we re-sign our big names, retain SK, Ward, or whoever else management sees fit, and save it for when the right time comes along, such as bringing in a big contract if something comes up at the trade deadline of next season. Plus, I'm really excited to start giving our young guys some chances. Blum really impressed me in his first season, and it would be nice if there was room on the roster for Josi to periodically pop his head up in Nashville and show us what he can bring on the NHL level.

JacklegJack is offline   Reply With Quote