View Single Post
Old
05-09-2011, 12:03 AM
canadianpredsfan97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I was told that there were at least 3 times as many people there today than there were last Sunday and 600-700 is where I would have estimated attendance myself.

The players loved it. They were walking down the aisle giving high-fives and smiling ear to ear. Some stopped to take pictures with the fans. Joel Ward walked down the gauntlet with his phone held out taking a video that is now at NP.com. Rinne stopped to talk to an elderly woman who was in a wheelchair. As he approached, she stood up and hugged him.

Just a great experience that you could tell was appreciated by the players and team staff. Gerry Helper actuay stopped his car in the middle of the street, rolled down his window, and thanked me for coming out and supporting the team. He doesn't know me from anyone and was on his way home...you could tell it left a positive impression on everyone!
That's awesome to hear. I can hardily wait until tomorrow. Games 1-5 I've only been able to hear from work up here in Vancouver. I'll be front and center in front of my '42 inch tv cheering on the boys to bring it back to Van City tomorrow night.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote