View Single Post
Old
05-09-2011, 09:44 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
I really like this deal. I always saw Werek as more of a long term bottom 6 winger, which the Rangers don't have any glaring need for. Lindberg on the other hand fills the role of a solid checking line/shutdown/PK centerman who's already dominant on facesoffs and that's a skill that typically only veterans are skilled at. Bravo!!! to scouting and brass for acquiring this kid.

Add to it he showed in the WJC that he shows up in big games, scores big goals, and doesn't give up on plays and he's the right personality that the Rangers like and I like the move even more!

Sammy Pahlsson is very underrated imo and if this kid turns out as good, I'd be very happy.

The Real question here is what happens to Grachev? He was converted to center and given PK time. This extra time was attributed to his better play down the 2nd half. You've got to figure that guys like Lindberg and Hagelin are going to squeese him for that PK time and that time down the middle. If NYR signs Kreider, is it the nail in Grachev's coffin? Is he the piece that gets moved that Schoenfield is talking about?