View Single Post
Old
05-09-2011, 11:53 AM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Those contracts don't happen if the team actually rebuilt instead of acquiring Jagr and signing his friends. I have nothing against Jagr. He's probably the greatest European player of all time. But he shouldn't have been on this team, and I'll never understand this attachment Ranger fans have for him. I, for one, think it's a shame that he's the holder of some important team records, especially when he achieved those records in a season full of statistical anomalies.
Why just pick out one season? The New York Rangers are an Original Six team and you can point to entire generations of hockey and deem them "statistical anomalies." The 2005-2006 season ranks 37th all time in goals per game. Many of the seasons 37 and lower include seasons in which Mario Lemiuex and Wayne Gretzky were putting up tremendous scoring numbers. Does that mean that we need to rethink the value of their achievements in light of league averages?

The season Adam Graves scored 52? 1993-1994. 31st all time in league wide goals per game. More scoring that season than in the season Jagr achieved his record. So I guess both of those records don't count?

I see your point about the rebuild. I don't see you're point about Jagr having the Rangers scoring record.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote