Old
05-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
The benefit of NCAA is that you practice more. Drills and study the game not just, play, play, play. That's why Stepan and McDonagh were so prepared. Mike Eaves spent so much time training them. BC has an excellent program too. If he wasn't in an elite program, it'd be different. With NCAA, it all depends on the program and the division.

If he's going to play in Hartford, I can see the logic in keeping him College and keeping him off of his ELC. Why burn up valuable years of an ELC in Hartford when you can use them on the big club in NY on a player like Kreider. In the end. This may save the Rangers several million in cap space an allow them to squeeze in that extra player. Not to mention, what's to happen with the new CBA. Waiting until next year, may give them another option when signing Kreider.
If he plays in Hartford for a year, none of his ELC will be burned off.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote