View Single Post
Old
05-09-2011, 05:22 PM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Like many other posters, I was critical of Bykov for playing Nabokov in goal instead of Barulin. Should I apologize to Bykov now? After the second period of today's loss, I was wishing that Nabokov could somehow come back. Barulin was terrible, and the main reason, in my opinion, for the back-to-back losses to the Czechs and Finland. If Nabokov would have been there today, there would have been a chance to stay alive in the shootout.

In my opinion, it is time for Russia to create a real national team, as in past eras. It would have to come exclusively from the KHL, because breaks in the season would permit the national team to train. The guys from the NHL (Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Kulikov, etc.) are generously contributing their time when they could be on a beach somewhere, but the fact is that they don't contribute enough on the ice to make it worthwhile to rely on them. How many goals did Kovalchuk score? Ovechkin? Kulemin scored just one goal. They are giving maximum effort, but they don't fit into any scheme, and frankly, this was a Russian team that generated very little offense. Let's get young guys from the KHL and train them intensively to become a cohesive team.

And let's hope we never see any of the following again: Zinoviev, Gorovikov, Kaigorodov, Atyushov, and Belov. These are players who are not of international class or quality, and are a liability when they are on the ice.
If you had the chance to assemble the roster, who would be on it?

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote