View Single Post
Old
05-09-2011, 04:37 PM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
I think it should be also noted that the game against Finland was the last one for Ľubo Višňovský in the NT a she says he has lost his motivation to play for the NT. Kind of symboli since he started his senior NT career back in the 1990s against Finalnd too at that time as an internationally unknown kid playing with Slovan Bratislava. I think we would all agree that Ľubo still has something to give to the NT, but at the same time it´s most memorable when you leave at your highest rather than prolonging it. The one thing I´m really sorry about s that he didn´t play today he didn´t get such a sent off as Demitra did, because a palyer who has played at so many times as Ľubo has- including the disastrous 2008 WC when he was the only top notch player wiling to come or now in 2011 when he played despite his injuries and with the possibility of endangering his season definitely deserved one. This way the only way an of us gets to say thank you is like this-Ľubo Višňovský #17- Thank you!.

And of course the obligatory: Paľo Demitra #38 Thank you!

And of course while we are thanking the players, there is an another group of people that shouldn´t be forgotten, the fans that have created such a fantastic atmosphere in Bratislava and especially those in the arena (but also in Košice and other places), in Michal Handzuš´ words: "But our fans were great. They’re the best fans in the world, and they showed it today."

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote