View Single Post
Old
05-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Jimmy Villa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

How is the future not bright?

This Armageddon nonsense gets old quickly. I understand why people are complaining, but we go through this crap every summer. Hopefully Flyers' fans here get it out of the way quickly and quietly this summer.

Anyway...

Giroux, vanRiemsdyk, Carter, Richards, Meszaros, Coburn, Carle, and Bobrovsky...

But our future isn't bright?

Okay, go check in on other NHL organizations.

It's not right to complain about something very good not being a tiny bit better. It's actually pretty annoying. It's like getting a 29-pack of beer for free and complaining that you didn't get number 30.
Roo & JVR are the only ones I'm excited about. The rest? Have either tried & failed, or are overrated badly in the Flyers section of these boards. Just because Carter & Richards have long term deals doesn't automatically make them great players. Nor do the letters on their jerseys.

Production when it matters makes them count, and Carter's post season problems are well documented, whilst Richards? Man, that dude is an enigma, but he is the most protected Flyers player on the roster in terms of criticism, especially on these boards.

Richards is so overrated on the Flyers boards it's astounding really. But I admire the dedication to players wearing your teams colours and defending them to the hilt etc etc.

"It's not his fault, he has garbage wingers"
"It's not his fault, he was injured, clearly"
"It's not his fault, it's Homer's for not sorting the goaltending"

and so on, and so on......

To be clear, I actually think Richards IS a great player!!! But he is not as good as HF Boards followers make him out, like some sort of demi-god or something.

And the answer to why the FUTURE isn't bright lies in our farm players. You aswell as anyone Chris knows their is no depth on this team, at all. Because Homer throws away draft picks like candy. Homer has gambled with the future success of this team, and to date he has lost badly. A Final appearance does not equate to success, and last I checked, it's still 36 years since a cup has made it's way down Broad Street.

He put his eggs in the baskets of Timonen, Pronger, Hartnell, Briere, Richards & Carter.

Out of that list, next year the only players I'd really want on the roster are Richards & Briere. The rest are either too old, too injury prone, too crap when it matters, or too overpaid.

Not to mention the ongoing and tiresome goaltending problem. These reasons are why the future isn't orange, IMO

Jimmy Villa is offline   Reply With Quote