View Single Post
Old
05-10-2011, 09:32 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
^

martin's line of thinking when he's developing players is rather simple: "don't **** up". focus on being defensively responsible first. that, and he shelters the rookies with soft minutes against comparable matchups.

i think it's worked on eller. DD, well, i think he already was defensively responsible when he came here and he's slowly been pushing him toward harder minutes and last i checked, it seemed to have worked.

i think he's softer on vets because he thinks, and probably rightfully so, that they are both already set in their ways and that they are mature enough to know how to adapt.

that said, pouliot has refused to learn from his mistakes, lazy hook here, lazy hook there, little bit of floating. being demoted from line to line hasn't sent him the message. that last penalty he got was the straw that broke the camel's back. it was the dumbest, worst kind of penalty he could have taken and he rightfully got benched.

that's the kind of **** he can learn from and not repeat again. maybe he needs a mentor, maybe someone like Darche, or a consistent center like Desharnais could help him or maybe even a short trip to hamilton would help who knows, but i refuse to give up on him. the way i see it, it's just his attitude that needs adjustment.

even if he stays his lazy, down on himself third line player, it's still a guaranteed 15 goals with a ceiling that's much higher than that.

kid's ****ing talented and he's got the body to be a very successful player.