View Single Post
Old
05-10-2011, 09:49 AM
SavageSteve

vCash: 500
Enoch, I pretty much agree w/ everything I you wrote w/ the exception of Erat. If Trotz could present another highly skilled forward to force the opposing defense to account for, Erat would seriously flourish provided he played w/ an edge and shot the puck on net. When I renewed my season tickets on St. Patty's, they had Lombardi signing autographs at the end of the table and I was struck by his eyes having that 'two black holes in the sky' look. Not sure if we'll ever see him again till his contract year...

Heck the way the current roster distributes the puck and remembering so many passes into the slot w/out someone there to pick up the pass, an early-90's 'Brett Hull'-style forward (Blues days and NOT the Hull you saw w/ Dallas and Detroit) would be a serious difference maker and I believe could feasibly score (or directly account for) 50 from the slot area. As someone who distinctly remembers the Blues picking Hull out of obscurity in Calgary w/ the scouting report of him being 'a fat kid w/ a great slap shot' and becoming the first real superstar that transcended the StL market for hockey, I feel that that is a direction worth seriously evaluating in the off-season. Not sure if that guy is in the system or what... but I see Poile adding someone like that on the cheap.

Also feel we'll see Ryan Ellis sooner than later on the 3rd pair to QB the power play next year.