View Single Post
Old
05-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Jimmy Villa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Carter has been our Even Strength MVP for the last three years.

Richards was not the Selke runner-up for no reason.

They're only 26 man.
Appreciate that, and as we are stuck with them until armagedon, I pray harder than anyone else that Carter breaks out one of these post seasons! God knows he's overdue!!

Quote:
Richards has had times where he's carried this team on his back offensively. More often than even that, he's placed this offensive core on his back defensively.

He's a physical presence and, based on the letter he wears, the centering factor in the locker room; the guy who everyone sees as the leader of the group.

How is he protected in terms of criticism? Every other freaking day I see another dumb thread about giving the "C" to Pronger or how Richards whines or how he's causing problems with the media. Enough already. If anything is overblown, it's his hate parade.

Or...

"It's all his fault, he's too quiet in the locker room."
"It's all his fault, he was invisible that entire series."
"It's all his fault, he should listen to Pronger."
"It's all his fault, he's out partying instead of focusing on winning."

Give me a break.
I guess it depends on the thread you read. Richards is clearly marmite.....You either are, or you are not a fan. I am.......Just not to the level that some of the guys I've read posting on here are, and certainly not to the 12 year contract level.....These contracts are ridiculous, there is just no flexibility with any player locked up for that long. It's a huge huge risk, and we have too many long term contracts.

Quote:
Everything is overrated. Everyone and everything. Less Than Jake was right.
When were Less Than Jake ever wrong?!?

Quote:
The sport of hockey is overrated by HF Boards. You learn to live with it.
Hard to disagree there!!!

Quote:
The sky is falling!
You joke, but this team has been put into a precarious position by Homer for the coming years. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds, but a major collapse wouldn't surprise me, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Flyers tanking in the coming years. Infact, I expect it.

Jimmy Villa is offline   Reply With Quote