View Single Post
Old
05-10-2011, 10:29 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Villa View Post
You joke, but this team has been put into a precarious position by Homer for the coming years. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds, but a major collapse wouldn't surprise me, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Flyers tanking in the coming years. Infact, I expect it.
We'll see how it plays out.

I think a lot of people on these boards jump to the conclusion that if the Flyers aren't a favorite to win the Cup every year they've failed miserably...and to add to the hilarity of this overly dramatic irony this forum seems to be caught in, if they don't win the Cup when they are favored they've failed miserably...

So, by process of elimination, if we don't win the Cup every single year then we've failed miserably...

I know that seems rather lofty, but that's exactly how this forum acts, as if perfection is expected rather than something unachievable. Maybe the players should strive for perfection, but as human beings on the outside pretending to be "analytical" and "objective" we should at least arrive at the conclusion that perfection may just be a tiny bit outside of our reach.

I'm sure most of us would calm down after a parade. I know I would. I took the sweep pretty hard as most of us probably did as well. Hell, I'd be surprised if more than 10% of this board was alive the last time the Flyers won.

So yeah, I think it's time to calm down a bit. Things could be better, but they could be a WHOLE lot worse. (SPOILER ALERT: Believe it or not, per HF we don't have the last rated prospect pool in the NHL.)

Honestly, I like our team moving forward with Richards in more of a defensive role (that third line center everyone's been begging for for like 3 years). Giroux I'm expecting to take the lead with JVR hopefully tailing behind, and you can't ask for much of a better second line center than someone like Carter.

So yeah, it's not all gloom and doom. Offensively, we're set to be stacked for the long haul. Defensively we've got to build around Meszaros and Coburn. We'll see how Gustafsson develops and whether or not Carle is a long term player for the Flyers.

Goaltending wise, I've noticed some significant flaws in Bob's game that he needs to iron out or his NHL career could be short and tragic. Eriksson is waiting in the wings and needs to develop some more overseas.

Wellwood looks like a solid, young winger. Ranford is exciting. We've got some other guys to watch (and pray for miracles from) in Matt Read, Jason Akeson, and Brandon Manning.

It's just another summer in Philadelphia. Unfortunately on HFBoards it's never sunny.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote