View Single Post
Old
05-10-2011, 10:46 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Just because you cant win every game doesnt mean you dont strive for it. It's all in the mindset. If you go with the "I'll give it 100% every game", you have a higher chance of winning the game. If you go with "Well, we are in first and near playoffs. I will chill for abit" which the Flyers seemed to have taken (even their players said the locker room seemed chill even after losses), that mindset will greatly inhibit your team.

Just because the probability isnt high, doesnt mean you dont strive for it. Unlike some fans, Flyers fans can care less nowadays if the team just makes playoffs. There is no moral victory in just making playoffs. This team is in win mode RIGHT now. Look, as you know, Im fairly positive on some prospects, but in a few years, not drafting in the first round is gonna kill us. The window is now.
Yes, but you're not a player, coach, trainer, or manager, so as much as you may want them to win, you can't will them to victory.

So, when analyzing success or failure, you can't pretend like you're a member of the organization; you have to realize you're an outsider looking in.

I can want them to win as much as anyone, but it doesn't change the fact that I have to analyze them as someone who doesn't have any impact on how they perform on the ice.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote