View Single Post
Old
05-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Pugs35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
That's every team though. Find me one team that doesn't have a Jessiman or Lafleur for every Lundqvist or Callahan.

Most people on this board, for some reason, have no perspective or understanding of just how hit or miss the NHL draft really is.
Yes, the NHL draft is hit or miss, that's fine. But my thought is that the 'hits' have to be much bigger than they've been for this team. Other teams find a John Carlson, Parise, Eberle, Getzlaf, Perry, Carter, Richards, Letang, Subban, Stastny, Giroux etc..

Yes, the Rangers have their hits in guys like Dubinsky, Callahan, Lundqvist, Stepan and Anisimov, but no one in that group outside of Lundqvist (and possibly Stepan) can really compare to anyone in the group above.

Every team in the league has their boneheaded picks and misses, but the draft picks that'll win you cups are the steals and gems you get mid-1st round/ 2nd round. Our hits haven't come close to that as of yet and that's the issue I have. In my opinion outside of the 1st round we've done well, but not great.