View Single Post
Old
05-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Paincakes

vCash: 500
Call me a homer, I don't care. But I think Nashville has the potential to be the strongest of all the Southeastern markets. As much success Tampa and Carolina have had, and many kudos to those organizations, I think if Nashville ever had sustained playoff success and deep playoff runs we could become THE model franchise for hockey in the American south. What Dallas or LA is to the Southwest we could be for the Southeast and that makes me so happy. I don't even care about the 2nd round loss anymore, rather I am ecstatic that we went this far, got many playoff monkeys off our back and probably made a fair share of new fans in the process. If the team can keep it up hereafter there will be many, many good days for this franchise in the future, with a Stanley Cup or without one the future is bright and that is why there is no reason to feel sad about the playoff loss at all. Rather the fanbase has every reason to feel excited, proud, and at ease after such a groundbreaking year.

Also, it could be worse. We could be Sharks fans getting ulcers watching our team play through a series that we led 3-0, only to have it extended to 7 games by the effing Red Wings. I hate both teams but I'm sorry Go Sharks because that would be the worst feeling in the world to have to be a fan and watch your team squander a 3 game lead in a series. I mean damn. Sorry for Boston fans last year, but not as much because of personal reasons due to a B's fan I know who is a total *****.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote