View Single Post
Old
05-10-2011, 10:48 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
My point is that the team started a TRUE rebuild when they decided to let Jagr, Shanahan and Nylander go, and bring in stopgaps like Naslund for a year while the kids were brought in to play.

Dubinsky and Callahan should just about be at their primes. Anisimov, Stepan and Boyle are improving, and once we get guys like Kreider, Thomas, Grachev, Hagelin, etc. in we're gonna be even better off.

Basically, the thing I'm trying to get at here is the Rangers are in a better spot now than they have been in years, so I'd rather them do it right and win a cup in 2-3 years than rush anything by signing guys like Gagne or other overpriced FA's in order to try to win now. If you're gonna do it, do it right.

That's not to say I don't want Richards though, I do. I think he'll help, is still in his prime, and the #1 C that we don't have in the system.

Id like to mention this rebuild people love to talk about is great and the Rangers have some potential nice prospects, but potential is only potential. Its a young mans league, idk if guys like Dubi, Cally, Anisimov and esp Boyle have much room for improvment. If that were the case Ovi should have got 150 points this year and next 170. Im not saying guys dont mature and get better but we cant expect those guys u listed to improve from there seasons this year. We are desperately lacking skill, will the prospects get that done next year, if not u have to find people to fill in. As a fan u dont want to watch a season of **** esp when that does not equal success the next year or the year after that. You want to build a good winning team and identity and by saying letting Jagr go was the start of a rebuild is kinda dumb when they signed Gomez, Drury, Naslund and Redden. I would have rather the young guys grow with Jagr than with Dru or Gomez.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote