View Single Post
Old
05-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
A guy that just comes in out of nowhere, costs nothing in terms of assets and can play #3-4 (that's to be proven) would be a huge thing for sure.

I think this would also confirm that Wiz won't come here though.

Markov-Subban-Gorges-Spacek will be signed. Weber will be #7 (or Spacek...). Add Emelin, and there's 1 spot left. I'm pretty sure they'll try to bring one of Hamrlik or Gill back for it to have more veterans, although having Wiz in there would make our defense a lot younger and faster, but I doubt Martin would want that over experience.

The one positive if his 1 year here doesn't work out and he turns out to suck is that we'll never hear about him again...
I don't think Yemelin's status affects Wisniewski. I think Wisniewski's status will depend on the following...

1-the cap hit of the contract we can get him signed to, if he costs us 5 mil or more the odds are 60-70% that he hits UFA on July 1st. If 4.25-4.5 is possible then the odds are higher I think.

2-the chances that we can move Spacek, having the Coyotes stay in Phoenix might help us as you can add them to Florida as teams needing to spend to the rising cap floor and not being ideal destinations for UFA's. Maybe we throw in Pouliot with Spacek to get a mid round pick and clear room to sign Wisniewski for 4 years.

3-How bad do we want to go after a UFA winger? If we have no intention of going after Laich, Upshall, Cole, Jokinen etc.