View Single Post
Old
05-11-2011, 12:29 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
I bet you were not saying the same thing during last seasons playoffs when they were continuously playing in the opponents end.

So let's look at the facts, I do not like +/- too much but it does apply when looking at this line I do believe:

2010-11 Reg Season:
Briere- 34 goals/34assist/68pts/+20...........28 goals at even strength
Leino- 19 goals/34assists/53pts/+14..........14 goals at even strength
Hartnell- 24 goals/25assts/49pts/+14........20 goals at even strength
Total- 77 goals/ 93assts/170pts/ +48 .....so 62 of the 77 are scored at even strength.

So while you may think they are horrible because that is what each individual piece would tell you, as a unit they are actually a pretty proficient line.
They are fine in the offensive zone controlling the puck when the line is clicking, and they're a lot of fun to watch.

However, when they're in the defensive zone or when the line is struggling, they're one step above a trainwreck defensively. Briere has always been a defensive liability whose offense more than makes up for it. Leino isn't a whole lot better defensively, and Hartnell runs hot and cold.

Let me put it this way. If the Flyers are defending a 1 goal lead, with 1.5 minutes to go in the game, and a faceoff in the defensive zone, which line would you put out there?