View Single Post
Old
10-16-2003, 05:04 AM
Face Wash

vCash: 500
The One Guy Really Doing It Right Now Is....

With honorable mention kudos to Ziggy, Viz and Mo....

Eric Belanger has been an absolute STUD the first four games of this season.

No doubt Ziggy has been a phenom the last (over a) year... But the guy on the team I think who's made the greatest strides this season in my mind is EBel. The guy's been "special" in the first 4 games. His assertiveness has given the Kings another dangerous line in the offensive zone while still being huge defensively. Belanger was already one of the best faceoff guys in the league (37 for 62 = 59.7% this year so far). He was always our best two-way forward, generally playing against the other team's top line. But what has really surprised me is that he's "getting it" on the offensive end this season. He's more assertive, he's very aggressive and he's making even Lappy and Avery "dangerous" on the ice with his smart play.

The guy has a surprising amount of skill too. He's as good a power skater as the Kings have. The guy's really one of the best players on the team and it's very rewarding for the Kings and their fans to see a guy they drafted put it all together the way he's doing it.

He's becoming the King's answer to Jere Lehtinen.

We can only hope that his assertive and aggressive style might rub off on Frolov, who's in need of an "assertive play transplant".