View Single Post
Old
05-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacklegJack View Post
Wait, you mean aside from the fact that we paid a player $3 million to contribute for a whopping 2 games of the season? I'm not sure how it doesn't hurt us, to be honest... But if that contract's insured then that's not $3 million blown into the wind. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it still counts towards the cap hit, meaning we don't risk losing any revenue sharing for falling too low, but instead it saves us tangible money which we can then spend on a forward who CAN help the team. Oh well, it happens.
Well, yea, losing millions of course hurts in one way or another. I'm not denying that. We could store the insurance money in a money market account, gain some interest, then spend a little more later (or whatever).

But I am failing to see how we missed out on a forward since we are already spending up to the mid-point. Getting insurance money back isn't going to change anything in that sense. If we did in fact get insurance money back, we can't spend it anyway because we are up against our self-imposed cap. Lombardi salary counts whether he is insured or uninsured.