Thread: Ilya Bryzgalov
View Single Post
Old
05-11-2011, 11:13 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
From Snider.."we'll see how it plays out...." "Who knows"

Don't want Emery, Scabokov, or any other retread...Vokoun concerns me a bit and I've said he may be a Beezer situation but willing to take the risk for a couple of years and the right cost. Bryzgalov obviously is the cream of the crop. Meltzer has mentioned Anders Lindback as an intriguing option....said he's a Rinne clone of sorts. Bernier I wouldn't mind....

Having said all this I'm sure they'll screw it up somehow and we'll get some second hand article of clothing off the rack.

Quote:
Snider’s tone suggested the Flyers are prepared to either deal for a goalie (Los Angeles’ Jonathan Bernier? The Islanders’ Evgeni Nabokov?), or sign a free-agent, such as Ilya Bryzgalov of Phoenix.

Signing a marquee free-agent goalie will be difficult because the Flyers have little cap space.

Snider didn’t see that as a problem.

“If we trade or go for a goalie (through free-agency), we’ll make it work,” he said. “We can make anything work, even with the cap.”

On the importance of having a bonafide #1

Quote:
"We were beaten by a totally better team," he said. "The extremes in the goaltending, from their goalie (Tim Thomas) to ours, had an effect on our team. I don't look at it as why this guy only had one goal or this guy played that way. The bottom line is, when you have a goalie playing out of his mind (like Thomas), that confidence spreads to the whole team; the whole team becomes confident. And when your goalie is not playing well...."
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...oalie-too.html