View Single Post
Old
05-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Carle might be a pretty good forward, but as a defenseman he's pretty bad. If it comes down to keeping Coburn, Mez, or Carle, I'd jettison Carle.
Not necessarily and it depends on how they see Gustafsson develop. Although I agree with IF one of them needed to go it would be Carle, but it really depends on how they view Gustafsson. They sent Gagne out of town to beef up the defense, which IMO is smart, but if you jettison Carle you are now going back to weakening the defense and counting on the fwds to pick up their backcheck and defensive play in their zone which this team has a tendency to be sloppy on(see playoffs and 2nd half of season).

So unless you want them to develop a 1-3-1 defensive mentality with the fwd depth keeping defensive depth should still be a priority, get a goalie and figure out how to get better at fwd at maybe a cheaper pay scale. I think Holmstrom has the capacity to possibly make the team, Read is a great unknown and too unproven to count on him, but otherwise they do not have much in the system.