View Single Post
Old
05-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'm just not sure they're going in the right direction. A better direction, sure. But Sather is not a team builder. And while we can look at the youth playing there are still serious flaws. And the #1 method to correct the most glaring need is UFA with Richards. And the way to get (alleged) top talent with him has always been through UFAs (Gomez, Drury, Gaborik, Redden).
At the end of the day, its taken 11 years to get to this point. 7 is you want to use 2004 as some line of demarkation. And, while I like the individual players, I'm not all that impressed with the collective team. They are fun to watch because they play hard. But that's about it right now.

Lastly, I don't care if he saw that "we were right". This is his job. And if it took him 11 years or 4 years to realize that you need to have a farm system, that's even more damning because we don't do this for a living. So, for me, it's not I'm happy he has seen that we were right in the first place," it's "he should have been fired years ago" and/or "I don't see him as the guy who can lead this franchise forward."
Totally agree. Sather has done nothing to prove he can build a winner here...11 years, 7 years, 5 years...either way you spin it, he's had plenty of time.

I'm not even arguing that he should go, because that's silly...he's not going anywhere. Sometimes I wonder if Dolan even knows/cares that he has a hockey team.

But I'm just resigned to the fact that with Sather we will be spinning our wheels for the next 10-20 years or so...

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote