Old
05-12-2011, 10:25 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Leighton sucks.
Boucher blows.

This team hasnt hasnt had a game changing goalie in 25 years. A goalie that can steal a game and a series. All we have had for the most part are a bunch of could of beens, would of beens, nut jobs, rebound machines. Would you like me to go on?
There is a reason why people have been questioning our goaltending for 25 years. Because its legit. Its not just the fanbase. its the local media, the national media(Canada and the US)
You are right, I along with the fanbase that has been paying attention havent been happy with our goaltending for a long time. If you are happy with Michael Leighton and Brian Boucher as your goalies then well you really have accepted mediocrity.
Goalies are always a bit nutty. The last real good goaltender the Flyers had was Cechmanek. People can rip him all they want, but he gave the Flyers every opportunity to win. It wasn't his fault the guys in front of him couldn't buy a goal if his life depended on it. Yeah, Cechmanek called them out on it, but he was very good and wasn't a part of the problem.

Same with Vanbiesbrouck. The amount of hate he got was ridiculous. Once again, against the Leafs, he gave the Flyers a chance to win every game. However, when the team is scoring under two goals a game, there's not much the goaltender can do. Those two were both more than adequate goaltenders.

Yes, I do agree though this off season that Holmgren needs to address the goaltending for once and for all. No more stop gaps, no more throwing crap at a wall and seeing what sticks, no more minor league saviours, no more European wonders. It's time to get a bona fide goaltender for once and for all.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote