View Single Post
Old
05-12-2011, 11:33 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I can't answer the Stepan question but I see where you are going with it and it isn't a bad point and to be honest I didn't take into consideration when I posted earlier.

I don't think this is a rush to judgement, I'm just really wondering "out loud" how frustrated the Rangers are with the kid. I'm sure you remember the Rangers unsuccesfully convincing Kredier to skip College and report to the Q. It just seems that Kreider beats to his own drummer, which is fine. I don't fault the kid for living his own life and making choices that he's comfortable with. I think in a lot of ways it's a credit to his character.

I just think that Kredier (who make no mistake about I really like and think will be a great pro) may end up in conversations in trade talks. I think it's possible he could end up being traded. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's likely but I can see it happening and I can see the Rangers doing it. I don't think it would be a "sell low" scenario trade, I think the Rangers would get max value for the kid (whatever that is) or I can see CK being used with other pieces in a trade for an immediate need player.

Really, we assume Richards is the main target but it's possible this is the summer the Rangers use some of the younger assests to trade for a legit 1st line forward.

Don't get me wrong, I see your point I don't think it's a lock for him to return to for his senior season. A real worry is if we have labor unrest after next season (I think we can both agree that's possible) and Kredier returns to BC for a Senior season because his advisors think he may benefit from a new CBA and what the effect on entry level contracts would be for Free Agents. Kredier also might not want to deal with reporting for the 2012-2013 season in Hartford if he has no chance of becoming a Rangers player because the Rangers are locked out.

Maybe, I'm wrong and I hope I am. I hope we read today Kredier has signed, I think he's ready but I'm not Chris Kredier. HIS opinion trumps everyone's when it comes to his future.
lol @ at how you made Kreider's name french.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote