Thread: OT: Jaromir Jagr
View Single Post
Old
05-12-2011, 12:50 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
Since when does anyone sign with the Rangers for less than top dollar?

If Richards somehow takes somewhat of a discount to play here, then you can say it's because of Torts. But if he signs for the highest bidder or a reasonable contract somewhere else, I don't see how the coach would be the only thing to blame. It's NYC. Free Agents either come here as one last stop before retirement, or to cash in on a ridiculous contracts.
You know your Rangers, don't you?
One thing is different. Since Keenan we had no problems with country club conditions here. Now we don't. Torts did the right thing for the youth, wrong thing for UFAs. Should we have another Richards coming from farm, he would nave been an okay HC to have. The only one who might be anyhow close, at least dimensionally, and also skating wise and demeanor wise is the guy shown on my avatar. If Torts think he can make another Richards clone out of him, if he really thinks there is such potential, I will root for Torts. But I don't think Arty will survive Sather's desire to recover from his mistakes since AA is the most valuable asset he's got.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote