View Single Post
Old
05-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Thwarter
All out of bubblegum

vCash: 500
The poll options were pretty limited. I'd say TMac's been better than average, but not elite yet. An elite coache finds ways to get more consistent effort out of his team, and I think most would agree the Sharks have often been guilty of inconsistency in the effort area.

For example, the shift in momentum in the 3rd period of Game 5 should never have happened. Instead of keeping our foot on the throat of Detroit and continue will the puck cycling / offensive push that got us a 3-1 lead and had us way ahead puck possession and momentum-wise, the team went into prevent-defense mode and Detroit took us apart.

Also, I was surprised at how TMac changed up ALL of the lines because Clowe was out in Game 6. I was almost sure he'd just swap Ferriero in for Clowe on Line 2 and keep the other three lines the same. Instead, he swapped guys around on all four lines and we rarely controlled the play in Game 6. I understand the guys need to be able to play with different line-mates, but what we had was working fairly well (not counting the 3rd period of Game 5.)

And please, get someone to tell our team to let Niemi stop/freeze the pucks in crease scrambles and have the skaters concentrate on covering open guys/tying up sticks instead of everyone falling down around Niemi in panicked wanna-be-goalie desperation.

Thwarter is offline   Reply With Quote