Thread: Ilya Bryzgalov
View Single Post
Old
05-12-2011, 02:27 PM
El Emperor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
awesome? no. i would never say Bryzgalov is awesome. Is he good? yes, he is. however, I don't see the benefits of giving him over $5m over 5 years to hope he performs well behind our team. Even if he was in net for us this year, this team would not have made it any further in the playoffs because, while goaltending was a problem, it was one of many
I don't know. I still believe that poor goaltending, while wasn't the only problem, made everything else that much worse. On top of the fact that the team was apparently overworked, they had to make up for the difficiency in net. That will take a toll eventually.

Then in the playoffs, the "play out of a 0-2 or 0-3 1st period" was just too much for them to handle night after night. Having a goalie to steal a few of those games would have been real confidence and motivational boosters.

Would we have gone on to win the Stanley Cup? Not really sure, but we definitely would have beaten the the Sabres in 5 or 6 games and probably have beaten the Bruins.