View Single Post
Old
05-12-2011, 10:59 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Up until Yzerman's take over, the Tampa Bay organization was as much of a joke as the New York Islanders, only far less publicized.
As much of a joke as our inability to acquire a goaltender for the past 23 years? Didn't that "joke" win a cup in 04? We've been waiting how long????

Quote:
Neither Meszaros or Carle failed Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay failed them.
Meszaros failed in Ottawa, and failed in TB. He was given every opportunity and was downright awful. PP time, first pairing minutes, and good PK minutes. No one was sad to see him leave TB. At his age, even the slightest sign of some upside would have kept him there. Funny how Yzermans FIRST move as GM was shipping him out of town.

I never said anything about Carle and Tampa Bay. Since you didn't read my previous post, I'll state what I said about Carle again,

Carle wasn't a failure until about mid Feb on

Last I checked he was playing here in mid Feb, not TB.

Quote:
Meszaros is certainly capable of playing a well-rounded game.
On a very good team he is a third pairing D-man.

Quote:
Meszaros plays 14-16 minutes a game only because Carle is paired with Pronger. Honestly, I'd rather have Meszaros anchor a pairing than Carle, so that's something I can live with.
Carle "anchors" his pairing with Pronger?
I think it's the other way around.

Meszaros is fine "anchoring" the third pairing with O'Donnell or Walker. Meszaros was totally exposed this year as his minutes increased due to Prongers injury.

35NW8ING is offline   Reply With Quote