View Single Post
Old
05-13-2011, 09:25 AM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

vCash: 500
Forwards

I think Eaves is a lock for another contract. He's a valuable player to have and plays well with Helm.

That gives us 13 forwards signed after Eaves is tied up. The question is, do we go with Emmerton or see what we have in training camp. I'm not sure what his situation is, but doesn't he have to go through waivers to play in GR next year.

I see possible candidates for that 13th forward position to be Miller, Emmerton, HTD and Draper. If Draper wants one more year, they'll give him one more year. I just hope it's less than a million.

Another move I want is to see Hudler traded, waived, whatever. He's wasteful on the top 6 and useless in the bottom 6. No size and no speed. We could do better. I saw Erik Cole mentioned, I think he's an instant upgrade over Hudler. He's older, but we're not looking long term anyways.

Can't do much about Homer. We're stuck with him for another year

Next year's forward lineup:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Bertuzzi-Filppula-Franzen
Cleary-Helm-Eaves
Abdelkader-Emmerton-Mursak
X, Y

X=Hudler, Cole, middle 6 UFA forward
Y=Draper, Miller, HTD

Defensemen

Lidstrom.

All depends on this guy. If he comes back I would like to see somewhat of a pay cut. We are limiting his role, he doesn't PK anymore and he can play less EV IT.

Salei, was fine IMO. He can come back for less than a million if we can't find anyone better. I think Smith needs one more year in GR.

If we can get Weber, my life will then be complete. It's a risk, but I think it's worth taking. We can structure his contract so we can fit it under the cap eventually. The worst case scenario, Nashville matches and we get a pop at Suter next year.

Other options could be Ehrhoff (not defensively solid though, but will help on the PP) or Bieksa (need more defensive defenseman).

Kronwall-Stuart
Ericsson-Rafalski
Lidstrom-Bieksa
Kindl

Kronwall-Weber
Ericsson-Rafalski
Kindl-Stuart
Smith/Salei

Kronwall-Ehrhoff
Ericsson-Rafalski
Lidstrom-Stuart
Kindl

Howard is number one goalie. I have not problem with that. Backups can range from MacDonald, Larsson, McCollum, to cheap UFA's like Garon, Labarbera, Boucher and Conklin. I think Roloson, Vokoun, Bryzgalov and Hedberg will cost too much. I doubt NYI let Nabokov go, and I don't think he'll come cheap either.

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote