Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Raphael Diaz (May 2011)
View Single Post
Old
05-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The man has never played in the nhl, which is an entirely different game. We'll see what happens.

Like another poster said...no risk is involved in such a move, only reward, which is why it's a good one. No assets were moved.

Nice to see Gauthier exploring other options instead of just waiting for a trade and the UFA pool. We are paper thin in minor league depth since a good chunk of our ahl prospects have graduated or been traded.

I really like Gauthier's work so far. With his pursuit if Diaz and the rumors about Emelin, I hope this indicates that Gauthier recognizes the lack of mobility on the back end and intends to do something about it.

Also I don't understand the jump in logic from signing a player who's never been in the nhl to trading Spacek and Weber. Just because Weber and Diaz are both swiss, doesn't mean that management wants to replace the former with the latter, nor does it mean that they are the same player. I really hate when we get a swiss d-man and people compare them to Streit just because they have the same nationality, it makes no sense.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote