Thread: Ilya Bryzgalov
View Single Post
Old
05-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Well, pack it up! You win. Vokoun's GAA was an incredible 0.02 goals per game above his career average when he played for Nashville. What a loser he turned out to be!

Prove it.

Stop, you're making me blush with your kind words!

You based at least some of your reasoning on small sample sizes (Bryzgalov's shutout streak in the playoffs, Bryzgalov's performance in the 2007 playoffs). I showed you how using small sample sizes to judge a goaltender's performance is foolish.

Apparently you don't pay attention to hockey contracts in the post-lockout era. Players in the twilight of their careers don't land big paydays in their final contracts.

My concern wth going after Vokoun is offering him a 4-year contract (or longer); he'd be good on a 2-3 year contract. I'm also concerned he'll look for over $5M/season and price himself out of Philadelphia... same goes with Bryz.

Hell, I even like Bryzgalov; he's just not the 'best' goaltender available. He might be the best fit but, as I said before, I'd take Vokoun every time if can make it work in Philly.
Bryzgalov is worth the money and the contract terms every day of the week and twice on sunday. I would take Bryzgalov at 4yrs/$6.5mill over Vokoun 2yrs/$4mill merely because you are getting Bryzgalov in his prime, he ends up being the goaltender and you can bring Bobrovsky along slowly as they should right now.