Thread: Remove Offsides
View Single Post
Old
10-16-2003, 07:02 AM
Hockeycrazed07

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
I'm not failing, all those other cities have rish history in hockey and will not be moved. Nashville, Florida, Carolina, Phoenix, and Anaheim have no cups, are in an area where people don't care, not many attend games, and there are no rivalries. Teams like Boston, Edmonton, NYI, NJ, Pittsburgh, and Chicago all have cups and lots of rivalries. There is no way the NHL would go about removing or taking apart those teams. My points are valid and you havn't brought anything that disproves my points. Good day.
I'd just like to point out that Chicago hasn't had a Cup since any of the other teams has been in the league. LA and Anaheim have quite the rivalry. The two Florida teams. I could go on, but you seem to have a double-standard when it comes to Southern teams, so it won't matter either way.

Financially, unless you can figure a way to get the owners of the teams their money back for entrance fees paid into the NHL, it won't happen. The NHL has no legal right to forcibly take an owner's right to put out a team without compensation when it has already granted that right to run a team. A crummy lawyer would have a field day with that. So until you can figure out the legal and financial ramifications to folding any team (Canadian or Sun Belt), this conversation is over, as far as I'm concerned. The ony way to do so is the way the NHL broke from the NHA. The owners didn't like one of their members, so they packed up their ball and went home. They didn't kick him out of the league, but started a new one despite him. You can rest assured that won't happen in today's landscape. It's now too financially diverse to do so.

Have a great day!
~Crazed.