View Single Post
Old
05-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Gooseamania

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Heh, you posted this as I was posting. I don't think it's about skill, even in the NHL you have guys who leave the top eyelet unlaced as well as guys who go to the other extreme, taping up their ankles for even more support than you'd get by lacing to the top alone. It just depends on how you skate/what feels best for you, I personally feel I have a more powerful stride with my skates laced all the way up, but if I tape my ankles like some pros do (including top notch skaters like Gaborik, Kovalev, Bure, etc.) then I can't get a good forward flex and my skating/turning goes to garbage, which I imagine is how some people feel if they lace all the way up.
what you said makes perfectly good sense. like i said, i have a very stiff boot so keeping the top eyelet un-laced helps me with turns/cuts.

by the way, i might as well ask this now since im on the topic of skates. I just got new skates, I used them for the first time in a game last night (first time ever actually). the skates feel good, no pain afterwords, but the insoles aren't very comfortable. I had read on these forums somewhere that stock insoles are crappy no matter how good the skate it, what is a good brand of insole for a skate and how do you fit them to the skate?

Gooseamania is offline   Reply With Quote