Thread: Radulov
View Single Post
Old
05-14-2011, 01:28 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Well, getting rid of Dumont's contract is pretty easily done with a buy out, but it's a matter of whether or not the team wants to do that to him.

If it were me I would sign SK, let Ward, Goc, O'Reilly, and Sullivan walk, and try to keep SOB at a bit of a pay cut. We have $9.8mil to play with assuming the cap midpoint doesn't change and we aren't willing to live without the second tier of revenue sharing for a season or two. Weber likely takes close to 7mil out of that, so we have $2.8. Re-sign SK to a 2mil dollar, short term deal because either we re-sign him, trade his rights for very little in return, or let him walk. Buy out Dumont, giving us another $4mil. So at that point we would have close to $5mil (remember this is working with this year's cap, which is likely to increase). Try to sign SOB to another short deal worth maybe $1.25mil per year. If that works it will leave us with $3.75mil to play with.

Now the Radulov thing is the kicker. If he is definitely coming back then I wouldn't be opposed to saving that money for either a deadline rent-a-player type deal or saving it to toss at Rads once his last year is up. If we add a forward through trade or free agency and he has any kind of noticeable salary then we are hurting ourselves with the Rinne and Suter talks unless that player is on the last year of his contract. Looking at UFAs in 2012 there really aren't a lot of guys in our price range that wouldn't just be redundant.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote