View Single Post
Old
05-14-2011, 09:07 PM
jwalk

vCash: 500
Some brief observations from the Mini Camp Scrimmage this evening :

- The level of talent was good and the scrimmage was fairly competitive . IT even featured a scrap (between Josh Chapman and a 94 born walk on Justice Dundas ) which I believe is a first at one of these Prospects Camps.

- IT was somewhat disappointing that for whatever reason neither of the top picks Kujawinski nor DeAngelo played. Not sure the exact reason but my guess is that because they will already be on the team the management preferred to look at some other players instead. Personally, I'd rather see the top picks play rather than some 92 born walk on who would have little chance of making the team no matter how good they were.

- Standouts were : Chapman, Davis Brown and Connor Primeau for the Gold Team and for Team Black : Dundas and another 94 born walk on Robert Rowe. Rowe is a big kid - reminds me a lot of Alderson but plays with a bit more of an edge. All should get an invite to the main camp. Another 95 Braxton Andrews wasn't flashy but looks like he's got the potential to become a player in this league. There were others that also played well also but off the top of my head the ones I mentioned were among the best.

- the new draftee goalie Gunner Rivers also looked good as did Brody Barrick and another walk on Matthieu Verreault.

dean :Rumour is that the Sting will ship back the 2nd round pick they recently aquired from Windsor for Carnevale.