View Single Post
Old
10-16-2003, 08:07 AM
Malefic74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness
By and large, I'm pretty positive the Wings are stuck with Cujo, he's what 38, has the stigma of never winning the big one, overpaid, no-trade clause, what other teams can afford and take the next leap to get into the SCF? Make a short list of Ottawa, Colorado, St. Louis, Philly, Dallas, etc. they either don't need a goalie or are put off by the price. The Wings are SOL however they cut it, eat his salary to trade, buy him out, let him warm the bench/pressbox.
Since when can Ottawa afford him? Sure they can make payroll, but I don't believe for a minute they want to actively go out and add more. And at this point I have seen nothing to convince me Joseph is such a huge upgrade over Lalime. Ditto for Dallas. If they had the money to burn, they would have signed Hatcher.

And while I have never been a fan of Cujo's at all; I still get a little irritated when I hear that he gets blamed for the Wings fall last season. They couldn't score. They didn't crash the net, weren't willing to pay the price. How that gets laid at Cujo's feet I will never know.