View Single Post
Old
05-15-2011, 07:55 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
Imagine what we could have got for Halak from Philly if we held on to him one more year.A pkg trade that would include one of their top 6 PROVEN forwards. I know the kool-aid drinkers think that Eller is better than Carter,JVR etc.,but I don't see it. Another Forsberg like some have suggested ? . I see a good 3rd line center,POSSIBLE 2nd liner in 2-3 yrs.
Halak's value was at an all-time high after the playoffs, there is absolutely no way of knowing how he would have performed this season for the Habs. His stats in St.Louis we're mediocre, I doubt Philly would have offered that up for him if his stats we're the same in MTL. The last time a goalie got traded for a star forward was Luongo for Bertuzzi, and Bertuzzi was coming out of his prime, nevermind the fact Luongo was considered the best young goalie in the game at the time by a large margin.

Once again your playing hypotheticals. I really believe you have no clue about perceived value of players, just another post bashing the organisation.