View Single Post
Old
05-15-2011, 11:18 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Call me crazy but after this injury, I'd honestly like to see him spend some serious time in Hamilton next year. I love the Detroit model, let your kids over mature in the minors, Eller hasn't even been a top scorer in the AHL yet, I mean, I know, I seen him show amazing signs at the end of the year, but he needs time and the chance to put it all together.

2 years ago, I was posting like crazy to send MaxPac down and a 6 months later, he was eventually sent down, and I was super happy when he started last year in Hamilton and look at what he did. Letting this kids develop won't harm them, it will only sharpen their skills, Datsyuk, zetterburg weren't ruined because they spent too much time in the AHL.

Neither will Eller.
Not to player hate, but neither of those guys spent any time in the AHL. They did however spend considerable time in their respective home leagues.

To me it depends on when Eller comes back from injury, a brief AHL stint could be in his best interest. I was also one of the few that wanted Pacioretty to dominate the AHL before his call up, so don't get me wrong I see where your coming from.