View Single Post
Old
05-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Me Me

vCash: 500
Coach of the Year-?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Me View Post
There are 137 teams in Canada for players to try-out for. 18 teams in the last 5 years have made the RBC Cup either by winning their play-offs or hosting the RBC Tournament.

Teams that have made it:
Vernon - 3 times (won RBC 2 times)
Camrose - 3 times
Pembroke - 2 Times (Won RBC 1 time)
Oakville - 2 times
Humboldt- 2 times (Won RBC 1 Time)
Aurora - 1 time (Won RBC 1 Time)

The next 12 teams have made RBC 1 time in the last 5 years and did not win RBC:
Brockville, Cornwall, Kingston, Summerside, Prince George, Selkirk, La Ronge, Victoria, Wellington, Pictou, Portgage, Dauphin

I guess if you are going to play in the CJHL - it is Pembroke.
Let's be realistic. No one is going to challenge Pembroke next year. This dynasty will not end anytime soon, especially with all the coaching changes. In the future Carlton Place will be the team to make a run. That coach knows how to build and run a solid Junior A program. He just needs a couple more years.
What is the criteria for winning Coach of the Year Award in the Canadian Junior Hockey League?
Obviously it is not winning the league title and advancing to the Fred Page Cup. Sheldon Keefe has won all five years that he has coached at Pembroke. It is probably a good thing he has not won Coach of the Year Award since whoever wins ends up leaving.
Next year - Pembroke will win the league title but the Coach of the Year Award will go to a team that has improved over the prior year but get knocked out of the play-offs in the 1st round.