View Single Post
Old
05-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Shea Weber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
CODY FRANSON

Strengths- His shot has eyes. I have never seen someone who has an easier time getting a puck through 12358351537815 sets of skates and on net. It's not as hard as Weber's, but much more accurate. He's a smart passer, and has pretty good defensive position (but don't tell people on here that).

Weaknesses- I've seen turtles with more speed. He is really really slow. And he doesn't use one bit of his big frame, though he's been a tad better in the playoffs. He most likely will not get more physical, but he might gain some speed. Depends on how hard he works.

All in all, strong once he gets in the O zone, it's getting there that's the problem. Speed and physicality are his big issues. I think he's positioning is under-rated, but I'm also a huge fan of his, so I am a little biased.

COLIN WILSON

Strengths- The dude has talent. He makes plays sometimes that no other forward on our team could possibly make. He can play physically or use finesse. Has the potential to be an offensive juggernaut.

Weaknesses- Work Ethic, Drive, and Defensive play, all of which mean death in a Barry Trotz system. He is often lazy on the back-check and seems much more interested when he has the puck. He is not great at really any part of the defensive game, which is why Trotz moved him from Center to Winger.

Overall, it breaks down to this. If Wilson had the work ethic of Patric Hornqvist, he would be an absolute stud. he has incredibly high potential, but may never reach it. I'm not giving up on him, but he needs to get his head on straight.
Well said. Agree 100% on all this.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote