View Single Post
Old
10-16-2003, 09:45 AM
Highlander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Joe, it's tough in a rural area as I have to monopolize the dish. If the Habs are playing a weeknight game, I'll often tape Oprah or a decorating show that'll keep her from complaining when RDS is on the dish. Behind most of my thoughfulness lies the selfish heart of a hockey fan. if I can somehow watch the baseball and hockey tonight, I'll be quite proud of myself. The last time my wife attended a sporting event with me Denis Savard was in JR. in the old Paul Sauve arena. We sat behind the penalty box and Denis saw fit to spit at the guy he was serving a double minor with. Unfortunately, this remarkable wad of expectorant hit the plexiglass divider and hung there for the rest of the period. This dampened her enthusiasm for the spectacle and I have been on my own ever since.
Damn McPhee, that's quite the story. Gee, I shouldn't complain when my wife repeats her phrase of "Not the Habs again" when I watch the game. I guess I can forgive that in light of the 30 home games and 8 playoff games we went to in '92-'93 at the old Forum! Gotta love those old $11 'standing' tickets!!