Old
05-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
I can see Jurco schremp-ing out. That`s what I`m worried about.
That wouldn't surprise me. He's very skilled, but I'm not sure his offence will translate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Huberdeau going from unranked for months to 7th overall over the course of 4 months is a cause for concern. I don't like players that come out of nowhere.

Why weren't they this good before? Was it because no one noticed? Was it because they truly grew as a player in that short of a time? Or is he just overachieving? I just don't like the idea of taking Huberdeau.

RNH, Larsson, Couturier, and Murphy are the only ones that have been in the top 10 from the beginning on. They set expectations and met them, while one or two may have overachieved just slightly. I'd be most comfortable with one of them.
Some kids are late bloomers. I think Huberdeau is legitimately this skilled, and not just overachieving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseR8 View Post
Would you be surprised if we took Zibanejad at 4 or traded down with Ottawa for him?

I never seen him play but he is intriguing from all the stuff I have read.

I personally hope we wouldn't but who knows Lou and Conte know best.
We'd have to trade down pretty far to reach a point where we thought Zibanejad was the best player. Probably #9 or so. We'll pick a more talented player at #4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseR8 View Post
Do you think we just lose out on Huberdeau?
It wouldn't surprise me to see him go before our pick, especially if he continues on this torrid pace into the Memorial Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
If Edmonton takes Larsson, I say just sit back and wait for Couturier at #4. I think it's comical that he's fallen so far in various rankings.
I'd be fine with that result.