View Single Post
Old
05-16-2011, 11:57 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
First thoughts:

• Forwards: NJ has fairly large advantage in primary scoring due to the wings on the first line. NJ has an enormous advantage in secondary scoring, as Guelph appears to rely on Roberts digging the puck out of the corners and getting it to MacLeish for the bulk of their secondary scoring. Defense among forwards seems close.

•Defensemen: I think NJ has the advantage here, mainly for two reasons: Coulter is much better than Ramsey and Boyle is better than Guelph's 4/5.

•Goaltending: I think this is extremely close, but I'd give a very small advantage to Broda in the playoffs. In my opinion, the gap between the goaltenders is probably too small to make a difference, but Broda does get the small edge.

•Coaching: The one clear advantage for Guelph. Pitner is very good coach, but Arbour is one of the very best ever. Larry Robinson helps (especially with getting defensive matchups), but an assistant coach can only do so much.

•Intangibles: NJ beat an extremely physical club in 5 games, while Guelph survived a less physical team, but one featuring an angry Larry Robinson, in 7 games. NJ comes into the series a little better rested and probably just a tad healthier.

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 05-16-2011 at 12:12 PM.
TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote